quinta-feira, 14 de agosto de 2008

Asa - Nigéria em alta

“I like writing or thinking about my texts on the bus, or the molué, as we call it. 49 seats, 99 passengers standing up, as Fela described it. Everyone’s squashed up together and mini-dramas break out all the time. And, at the end of the day, we still manage to laugh, that’s where our strength lies …
I want my music to touch people. As an African, I want to give hope back to my people, but also to speak in their name. I want to show the world that something beautiful and positive can come out of the black continent and inspire young people all over the world.”

in http://www.myspace.com/asaofficial

É verdade, está na moda...
Mas as coisas não "ficam na moda" por acaso.`

De quando em vez algumas criaturas num momento de iluminação conseguem criar algo que atravesse as pessoas, que toque a todos, que faça sentido.

Directamente do coração de África e de alguma forma no espírito de Fela Kuti... Para todos nós... ASA

Sem comentários: